Can Python write foreign characters to the console?

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.de
Mon Dec 19 08:19:20 EST 2005

Martin v. Löwis schrieb:
> Michel Claveau wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I have a problem, under win-XP, with this code :
>>
>># -*- coding: cp-1252 -*-
>>
>>import sys
>>print u"Martin v. Löwis"
>>print "€ for Noël"
>>print u"€ for Noël"
>>sys.exit()
>>
>>==> "Python a provoqué une erreur"
>>

>>Am I the only one to have that?
>

> P.S. I never get "Python a provoqué une erreur". Not sure where
> this message comes from.

That's the french equivalent to the german
"python.exe hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden."
Coming from Windows, I don't know the english version. I get this if I
don't correct the "coding: cp-1252".

Regards,
Koczian

--
Dr. Sibylle Koczian
Universitaetsbibliothek, Abt. Naturwiss.