pyUnit and dynamic test functions

Sakcee sakcee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:52:17 EST 2005

Hi

I am trying to use pyUnit to create a framework for testing functions

I am reading function name, expected output,  from a text file.
and in python generating dynamic test functions
something like this

class getUsStatesTest( unittest.TestCase ):

    self.setUp =  lambda  : function_call
    self.testReturnVal =  lambda  : self.assertEqual( fileInput,
function_returnedVals )
    self.testLength    =  lambda  : self.assertEqual( len(returnedVals)
, len(inp) )

is it possible to load these dynamic functions via pyUnit, instead of
defining in text form ,
can i use loadfromname etc to load these dynamic test functions.

something like this

unittest.TestSuite(unittest.defaultTestLoader.loadTestsFromName(
getUsStatesTest() ))

in this way I can completely automate every function that returns some
output by dynamically generating its
test functions

thanks