Bitching about the documentation...

Jon Perez jbperez808 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 08:41:16 EST 2005

Tony Meyer wrote:

> This makes no sense.  If you want to complain about Python, try a
> Perl list.  Why would a list dedicated to discussion about/help with
> a language need complaints about the language?

Huh?!?  Usually people complain because they need help or feel
that things can be improved.

> You might want to consider the difference between complaining and
> constructive criticism and suggestions, and which are likely to get
> better responses.

In the case of programming languages, I don't see any real difference
between something being a 'constructive criticism' and a 'complaint'.

Why, oh why, do so many programmers insist on elevating software tools
they are using to the status of a *religion* such that they feel personally
offended when someone badmouths the language or tool they are using???

Anyone can badmouth Python and things associated with all they want, the
only time it would even begin to bother me is only if these were false
accusations or there is a dishonest agenda behind it.

If the complaints are untrue, then I'd just be laughing at others'
ignorance, not be offended by it.  If it is an honest complaint
arising out of personal experience with the language, then certainly
there is a need to examine what can be improved.

I generally don't see any need to feel uncomfortable with strident
whining against Python because the only thing being attacked here is a
software tool, not persons.