Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

Paul Rubin http
Tue Dec 20 20:32:44 EST 2005

Kent Johnson <kent at kentsjohnson.com> writes:
> I chose CherryPy in part because its license allows this. I
> would have considered Karrigell if it had a different license.

Have you had to modify CherryPy in some substantive way that you
needed to keep proprietary, as opposed to simply developing content
that CherryPy serves but is completely independent of CherryPy's
license?

I notice that a heck of a lot of commercial users are using completely
proprietary packages like ASP, whose licenses are far more restrictive
than the GPL.  They don't seem to think it's a problem.  So for most
such users, Karrigell shouldn't be a problem either.  Remember that
the GPL only applies to the code of Karrigell itself, not to stuff
that you write using it.