Bitching about the documentation...

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 15:16:15 EST 2005

The actress Margaret Anglin left this note in the dressing froom of
another actress:

'Margaret Anglin says Mrs. Fiske is the best actress in America.'

Mrs. Fiske added two commas and returned the note: 'Margaret Anglin,
says Mrs. Fiske, is the best actress in America.'

Or this, from a George Will column:

Huge doctrinal consequences flow from the placing of a comma in what
Jesus, when on the cross, said to the thief (Luke 23:43): 'Verily, I
say unto thee, This day thou shalt be with me in Paradise' or 'Verily,
I say unto thee this day, Thou shalt be with me in Paradise.' The
former leaves little room for purgatory.