Why are there no ordered dictionaries?

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Thu Dec 1 21:04:55 EST 2005

On 1 Dec 2005 01:48:56 -0800, "Fuzzyman" <fuzzyman at gmail.com> wrote:

>Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
>>

>Hello Christoph,
>
>> I think re-ordering will be a very rare use case anyway and slicing even
>> more. As a use case, I think of something like mixing different
>> configuration files and default configuration parameters, while trying
>> to keep a certain order of parameters and parameters blocks.
>>

>In actual fact - being able to *reorder* the dictionary is the main way
>I use this dictionary.

Curious as to usage patterns
1) how many instances created, deleted
2) how many elements in an instance min, max?
3) how often updated?
    3a) just ordering, no value or size change?
    3b) just value change, no order or size change?
    3c) changes involving size?
4) proportions of read vs write/delete/reorder accesses?

Regards,
Bengt Richter