Guido at Google

Ilias Lazaridis ilias at lazaridis.com
Thu Dec 22 14:54:28 EST 2005

drew.smathers at gmail.com wrote:
> And I have around one year to wait for Ruby to get rid of the nasty
> syntax copied from Perl and make it look as beautiful as Python ....
> Then I'll consider switching.  ;)
>
> Ummm, I'm sorry, did you say clean reflective meta-model???

yes.

> So this:
>
> caller[0] =~ /in `([^']+)'/ ? $1 : '(anonymous)'
>
> vs. the python example:
>
> filename, line, fname, source = traceback.extract_stack(limit=2)[0]
>         return fname
>
> is what you call clean??  Hmmm ... interesting.

no, It is not.

I've not yet defined what I would call the "clean way".

-

both code examples were provided from the community (limited responses
from python community).

-

Ruby does not pass the evaluation, too (although it is closer, due to
the clean metadata capability).

-

And: Ruby has even lower evolution speed:

http://lazaridis.com/core/eval/ruby.html

.

--
http://lazaridis.com