os.execvp()'ing an ssh command on windows

Kevin Smith Kevin.Smith at sas.com
Wed Dec 7 14:49:55 EST 2005

I have a tool that invokes a command on a remote machine using ssh
(cygwin) on Windows.  Typing the command at a command prompt works
fine.  I get prompted to verify the host and asked for a password.  If
I try the same command under python using an os.execvp(), things get
screwy.  I get prompted to verify the host and for a password, but I
can't type them in.  It's as if the command prompt has taken control
again.  Is there any way to exec an interactive program such as ssh?

Kevin Smith