General question about Python design goals

Rick Wotnaz desparn at wtf.com
Thu Dec 1 10:35:39 EST 2005

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in
news:mailman.1455.1133450784.18701.python-list at python.org:

> Rick Wotnaz wrote:
>
>> I'm sure Antoon wouldn't object if lists were to be allowed as
>> dictionary keys, which would eliminate the multiple castings for
>> that situation. I wouldn't, either.
>
> so what algorithm do you suggest for the new dictionary im-
> plementation?

Beats the heck outta me. I seem to remember that Antoon supplied
one awhile ago (for allowing lists to serve as dictionary keys,
that is). That's why I mentioned him in the first place. I didn't
pay much attention to it at the time, and I imagine it would raise
some issues, like everything does.

I'm fairly indifferent to the idea in any case; I'm just saying I
wouldn't object if lists could function as dictionary keys. It
would save that casting step I was talking about.

--
rzed