subset permutations

me you dgspambot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:45:27 EST 2005

Hello all,

I'm a beginner with programming. Trying to teach myself with that excellent
rat book. Unfortunately I just can't seem to figure out a simple problem
that has come up at my work (biology lab):
let's say I have a list
. I need to generate permutations of this list. I have found plenty of code
on the web to generate ALL possible permutations. What I need are all
possible 4-letter permutations. I cannot seem to figure out how to modify
Mike Davie's permutation generator
http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/posts/show/753 to acheive this. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks