Problem cmpiling M2Crypto under Plone

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Dec 2 07:42:21 EST 2005

Thomas G. Apostolou wrote:

> So what you say is that the Python installed with Plone doesn't have
> Python.h in ./include but Python installers from Python.org do have the
> file?

that's likely, given building didn't work for you.

after all, Plone's an application that happens to include a Python interpreter,
not a Python distribution.

> If yes i guess i should install the same version to the same location
> (over-writing). Is that so?

to minimize the risk, I'd grab the corresponding python.org version, install it
in a separate location, use the python.org version to build the extensions, and
finally install them in the Plone tree.

but maybe there's no risk for conflict; maybe someone from the Plone team
can clarify ?

</F>