libxml2 and mindom

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Dec 21 09:34:01 EST 2005

ankit wrote:
> I am parsing xml file using libxml2 and for navigating the document
> object tree I want to use  minidom. Is it possible. Can anyone give me
> any example for the same ?

Try libxml2dom [1] if you want to use a minidom-style API on documents
parsed by libxml2. Recent namespace discussions notwithstanding, it
should mostly behave itself to your satisfaction. You should even be
able to import libxml2dom nodes into minidom, if you really need
minidom for some reason, but this isn't extensively tested.

Paul

[1] http://www.python.org/pypi/libxml2dom