Learning Python...

Laurent bidon at bidon.bidon
Mon Dec 5 11:15:53 EST 2005

Falc wrote:
> Hi there...
>
> I have been looking at learning Python, so far it looks like an
> absolutely grat language. I am having trouble finding some free
> resources to learn Python from. I am on windows and the only experience
> I have with programming is with PHP.
>
> I have been trying to look at the free online book "Dive Into Python"
> but this is far too difficult for me as it explains it in caparison
> with C++ or Java.
> I like the book called "A Byte Of Python"
> (http://www.byteofpython.info) but it's made for version 2.3 (Would
> this matter anyway?).
> So if you have any books you could reccomend me that would rock, I
> can't really afford a book so if online that would be excellent.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

I must recommend you "Learning Python" from O'reilly that is an
excellent book but not free...This is the only one I've read about python.
For byteofpython I haven't read it but if it covers python 2.3 sure it
is sufficient to learn python as 2.4 has just introduced some new
advanced features.

Also take a look at:
http://www.awaretek.com/tutorials.html
Good examples that will help you in your learning.

Dive into python must be read _after_ you've read and tryied a little
python :)