Extending Python with C++

jeremito jeremit0 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:39:30 EST 2005

I am learning how to extend Pythong with C++.  I have will be writing
some code in C++ and want/need Python to interact with it.  I am not
having success following the online documentation from
http://docs.python.org/ext/ext.html.  I have also looked briefly at
some of the demos in the source code distribution.  Can anyone help me?
 I am using the MacPython (version 2.4) distribution.

I have one specific question.  The documentation online states:

"If the main program (the Python interpreter) is compiled and linked by
the C compiler, global or static objects with constructors cannot be
used. This is not a problem if the main program is linked by the C++
compiler."

Thanks,
Jeremy