ANN: Dao Language v.0.9.6-beta is release!

Zeljko Vrba mo.dor at fly.srk.fer.hr
Fri Dec 9 03:15:14 EST 2005

On 2005-12-08, Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVETHIScyber.com.au> wrote:

> Making a mistake in indentation level is precisely analogous to leaving
> out markers in other languages. If your editor is smart enough, and the

But look at the following example:

if a:
  some_code1
if b:
  some_code2

If I accidentaly delete if b:, then some_code2 gets under the if a: which is
not intended. With braces (or other delimiters):

if(a) {
  some_code1;
}
if(b) {
  some_code2;
}

if I delete if(b) I get a syntax error about unmatched braces. IMO, the "right"
way to handle braces in C is always to  include them, even when they are not
technically obligatory. I code like that for a long time and it has saved me
a lot of headache.