Bitching about the documentation...

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Dec 4 23:54:46 EST 2005

rurpy at yahoo.com wrote:
> skip at pobox.com wrote:
>>Gee, I wonder if I typed "sort" into the search box on the wiki it might
>>turn up something useful?  Well, what do you know?
>>
>>    2 results of about 4571 pages. (0.19 seconds)
>>
>>    1. HowTo/Sorting
>>    2. SortingListsOfDictionaries
>
> Are we talking about the same Search box (at the top right of the
> wiki page, and labeled "search"?  Well, yes  I did enter "sort" and
> got (as I said) a long list of archived maillist postings.

No, he's talking about the *wiki* search box, not the one in the extreme
upper right which is for the whole site.  Scan down just a tad... it's
got a yellow background here (in Firefox).

Admittedly not at all obvious, especially sitting next to the "Login"
link and looking like maybe a text field for a user name or something,
though it does clearly have the word "Search" in it until you click
there...

-Peter