Why and how "there is only one way to do something"?

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Thu Dec 15 21:11:23 EST 2005

Tolga wrote:
> As far as I know, Perl is known as "there are many ways to do
> something" and Python is known as "there is only one way". Could you
> please explain this? How is this possible and is it *really* a good
> concept?

Do you know about the existence of god, just or scientific truth? Of
course not. All this is highly imaginary and transendental. It's always
outside of the system allthough the believe that it is immanent may be
part of it's promotion and is always an essential part of a working
belief system that is added to reality. So while it is actually
impossible to have any evidence a community may strive for it's
presence and this is their basic principle. A "pythonic" solution to a
programming problem in Python is both impossible and unverifiable, but
also inevitable and a necessary part of it's reflection. It wouldn't be
a Zen aspect if there is not the language itself is speeking. In the
end everything is open to interpretation, but interpretation is itself
a "glue code".

But why unique? I don't know. Maybe because there are only three
numbers: one, two and many. Perl is many. Duality is mysterious. One is
simple.

Kay