CGI and long running job

merry.sailor at gmail.com merry.sailor at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:00:50 EST 2005

Hello Mardy,
thanks a lot for your help. I found the problem. Your suggestion made
me look into some things I haven't thought before :-). I don't know if
it is a browser/server/mine fault. The problem was that I was sending
text/plain and a txt file. I soon as I started sending back to the
browser text/html and an html file, I started getting the things I
wanted on screen, but the browser still waited for the script to
terminate, which resulted in a timeout. After I also closed stdout,
everything worked fine. The strange thing is that I tried closing
stdout with the plain text before, but it didn't work.