Indentation/whitespace

Joe jkrahn at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 24 21:36:32 EST 2005

My original post was based on reading on Pythons developer list that it
was seriously considering some alternate grouping scheme, just because
"so many people keep asking". But, it seems that never happened.

As for me, I'm not suggesting that braces are better than indentation.
In fact, requiring indentation is a good idea, and I agree that braces
can be quite ugly. It is the lack of visible block closing when there's
more than one level that I dislike.

That would probably not be so bad if, like the recent post, you used an
editor that showed faint vertical lines. In fact, that's a very good
idea, since you really need a Python-aware editor anyhow.