Compiling Guppy-PE extension modules

Sverker Nilsson sverker.is at home.se
Thu Dec 1 17:28:02 EST 2005

"Claudio Grondi" <claudio.gro... at freenet.de> wrote:

> Beside the problem with the multiline strings in sets.c I was getting also:
>
> src\sets\sets.c(70) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant
> src\sets\sets.c(71) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant
> src\sets\sets.c(71) : warning C4028: formal parameter 1 different from
> declaration
> src\sets\sets.c(72) : error C2099: initializer is not a constant
> src\sets\sets.c(72) : warning C4047: 'initializing' : 'PyTypeObject *'
> differs in levels of indirection from 'int (__cdecl *)(PyObject *)'
> src\sets\sets.c(72) : warning C4028: formal parameter 1 different from
> declaration
> error: command 'E:\VisualC++NET2003\Vc7\bin\cl.exe'
> failed with exit status 2

Some of those messages are misleading, confused me at least. Seems
like a bug in the error reporting part of the compiler. Anyway, the
code was not ANSI and what I got around that place was:

sets.c:69: warning: ANSI forbids initialization between function
pointer and `void *'
sets.c:71: warning: ANSI forbids initialization between function
pointer and `void *'

There were a bunch of other problems too.

I have made a new version now, 0.1.1 .
It compiles cleanly with gcc -pedantic .

When looking in the code I became worried that there may be other
problems with Microsoft Windows since there is some magic with
DL_IMPORT that may be necessary and that I think I added most of the
time but I may have missed some. I have no easy way to test with
MSWindows currently and it will probably take a while before I get
around to do it.

The new version is on the home page:

http://guppy-pe.sourceforge.net

Regards,