Python is incredible!

Tom Anderson twic at urchin.earth.li
Mon Dec 12 19:51:17 EST 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Tolga wrote:

> I am using Common Lisp for a while and nowadays I've heard so much about
> Python that finally I've decided to give it a try becuase

You read reddit.com, and you want to know why they switched?

> Python is not very far away from Lisp family.

That's an interesting assertion. LISP certainly had an influence on
python, but i don't think it's really related - they're pretty different
in fundamental ways.

On the other hand, i sort of see what you mean - it has this lightweight,
magical feeling, a sense of effortless power, as LISP does.

> using Python is not programming, it IS a fun!

+1 QOTW.

> I'll be here!!!

Good to hear it - welcome!

tom

--
limited to concepts that are meta, generic, abstract and philosophical --
IEEE SUO WG