JOB: Telecommute Python Programmer - IMMEDIATE NEED

Michael Bernstein webmaven at cox.net
Sun Dec 11 21:01:35 EST 2005

Beau Gould is the owner and moderator of what was until very recently
the 'pythonzopejobs' group on groups.yahoo.com. Two days ago, I got a
PHP/MySQL job from a Yahoo Groups address I didn't recognize.
Initially, I classified it as spam, and forgot about it.

Today, I had reason to search the archives of 'pythonzopejobs', and was
greeted by a message that the group didn't exist. A little
investigation showed that I was now subscribed to an
'allopensourcejobs' group, and that this was in fact the renamed
'pythonzopejobs' group, not to mention the souce of the PHP/MySQL
'spam' job posting.

I posted to the list and CC'd the owner/moderator (Mr. Gould), asking
why such a change had been made with no discussion or announcement.  I
soon realized that the group had become moderated again, and that my
email was not reaching the other group members.

After a few exchanges with Mr. Gould asking that the list be returned
to it's previous focus or that at the very least a message announcing
the change be sent to the group, it became clear (despite some
half-hearted and insincere reassurances on his part) that Mr. Gould now
considered the list his personal fiefdom, and that he was intent on
using it as an opt-out spam list to extract whatever value he could.

Mr. Gould then changed the name of the group again (this time to
'opensourcejobs'), possibly in a bid to make it even harder to
unsubscribe (though that is speculation on my part),  and I was banned
from the group. Further email from me to Mr. Gould has been ignored.

I have personally forwarded Mr. Gould's job postings from the
pythonzopejobs list to various candidates on several occasions in the
past, but I won't be doing that any more, and based on my experience
today I cannot recommend doing business with Mr. Gould or Superior
Staffing Services.

- Michael R. Bernstein
  michaelbernstein.com
  Author of Zope Bible