Python 2.4.2 make failure in posixmodule on OSX 10.4.3

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Dec 6 02:57:03 EST 2005

smurphus wrote:
> I hope that information is of some use.  Not sure where to go from
> here.

Please try
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp
-mno-fused-madd -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I.
-I./Include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE  -c ./Modules/posixmodule.c -o
Modules/posixmodule.o --save-temps

and inspect the resulting posixmodule.i. I would expect that
it *doesn't* have the prototype for lchown.

I'm surprised though that you were suggesting (without
actually saying) that the prototype for lchown is in
sys/types.h in your system. I would have expected it in
unistd.h. Still can't check my Mac right now.

Re fstatvfs: can you verify that your system has the
fvstatvfs function? Is there a prototype declared anywhere?

Looking at

http://www.hmug.org/man/3/statvfs.php

suggests that OS X / Darwin does indeed have sys/statvfs.h.
So if you don't have it, something is broken with your
compiler setup.

Regards,
Martin