PythonMagick on Windows

Adam Endicott leftwing17 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:24:33 EST 2005

Does anyone know anything about PythonMagick? I've got a project that
could use ImageMagick, so I went looking around for PythonMagick, and
I'm a bit lost.

I was able to download the PythonMagick source from the ImageMagick
site, but I'm on Windows and don't have the ability to compile it. I
found reference to a windows installer for PythonMagick on the wxPython
wiki, but the links take me to procoders.net, which seems to have
abandoned the project (at least I couldn't find anything to download).

So what's the state of this project?

Actually, I'm wondering if I would gain anything by using PythonMagick
anyway. I'm going to be distributing a py2exe created executable that
needs to do some image manipulation. Would I still need ImageMagick
seperately installed on the client machine to use PythonMagick anyway?
Or could it all be self contained? If I'd need to install ImageMagick
on client machines anyway, I guess I can just use the commandline
interface to ImageMagick from Python.

Thoughts/suggestions?