How to get the local mac address?

bonono at gmail.com bonono at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 06:22:05 EST 2005

Steve Holden wrote:
> I'm probably just not reading your responses carefully enough.
That is fine, misunderstanding happens all the time. And why I am
curious that there is no such thing in Python, it is because of this :

http://search.cpan.org/~lds/IO-Interface-0.98/Interface.pm

I am learning python and from time to time, I would come up with
ideas(yup, nothing but ideas as an excercise) of how to implement
certain thing in python, most of them have no usage value. The OP just
prompt me to the idea of "what if I want to implement something like
ifconfig in python".