Documentation suggestions

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Dec 6 12:33:05 EST 2005

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> There's another struggle within the LibRef: is it a reference or a
> tutorial?  Does it list methods in alphabetical order so you can look
> them up, or does it list them in a pedagogically useful order?  I
> think it has to be a reference; if each section were to be a tutorial,
> the manual would be huge.  Here I think the solution is to encourage
> separate tutorials and HOWTOs, and link to them from the LibRef.

I've proposed adding support for semi-automatic linking to external
documents, based on a simple tagging model, a couple of times, e.g.

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-May/280751.html
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-May/280755.html
    http://effbot.org/zone/idea-seealso.htm

but as I mentioned last time

    iirc, [I] only got "wikis rulez" and "enough with that comp.sci crap"

which makes me think that some people still are more interested in com-
plaining than using the stuff that's actually out there...

</F>