ANNOUNCE; Try python beta

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Dec 19 23:15:45 EST 2005

"David  Wahler" <dwahler at gmail.com> writes:
> Mike Meyer wrote:
>> The previous version was in a jail, which is why I didn't want it
>> generally announced. The logs made amusing reading. I like Gerhard's
>> idea of removing __import__, and have done that.
> Oh, you have, eh? Are you absolutely sure? Try running "grep 'all your
> base' log".

Yup, removing it securely is more trouble than it's worth. Which is
why this is running in a sandbox inside a jail - I knew that securing
Python was a probably impossible.

I put __import__ back, and even imported os just to save you some
time. I also put the expression that will get do the equivalent of "ls
-R /" up for anyone to read.

   <mike