General question about Python design goals

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Thu Dec 1 12:05:58 EST 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Rick Wotnaz wrote:
>

>>I'm sure Antoon wouldn't object if lists were to be allowed as
>>dictionary keys, which would eliminate the multiple castings for
>>that situation. I wouldn't, either.
>
> so what algorithm do you suggest for the new dictionary im-
> plementation?

<devil's_advocate> One option is to create a new "frozen list" type, a`
la frozen sets.

People who argue that "frozen list" is not needed because we already
have the tuple type, while simultaneously arguing that tuples shouldn't
grow list methods because they are conceptually different from lists
will be bludgeoned to death with a paradox. :)  </devil's_advocate>