Pydev questions: versions and keybindings

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 22 15:17:00 EST 2005

I'm trying to find out if I have the most recent version of Pydev for
Eclipse installed, but can't find the version number in the Pydev
user interface. Is it available anywhere in there?

And, the reason that I'm trying to find the most recent update is
because I can't redefine one keystroke that appears to be hardwired
into Pydev (?) I'd like to bind ^/ to forward-word, but it keeps on
applying commenting to the current line. I actually went and deleted
the Pydev binding for comment line (which was actually ^-Shift-/, if
I remember correctly), but to no avail. A visual check of keybindings
in all modes reveals that nothing else is bound to ^/, so I'm trying
to figure out what's going on.

Many thanks,
Ken