Visual Python, really "Visual"?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Dec 13 12:34:36 EST 2005

"Tolga" wrote:

> After a very rapid entrance into the Python, I have immediately looked
> for a good IDE. Komodo and Wing IDE look very good and I think they are
> enough. But now, I am searching for a Pyhton environment which should
> look like Delphi / Kylix, Borland's C++ builder or Allegro Common Lisp.
> I have found a plug-in named "Visual Python" and this name naturally
> maked me happy. But is it really "Visual" and does it provide a WYSIWYG
> rapid development environment? Has it drag'n drop buttons, checkboxes,
> radio buttons, forms et cetera?

the product page doesn't mention any GUI editor:

    http://www.activestate.com/Products/Visual_Python/

but they have a free trial version, so you could of course always
download the thing and check it out for yourself...

unless you mean visual python, of course:

    http://vpython.org/VisualOverview.html

which is something slightly different.

</F>