Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

Paul Rubin http
Mon Dec 19 18:10:25 EST 2005

"Russell E. Owen" <rowen at cesmail.net> writes:
> I disagree. Once you've picked a database (not trivial in itself, of
> course), you typically only have a few options for talking to in in
> Python. Also, typically either:
> - One stands out (because others have been abandoned or whatever), so
> there's an easy answer, or

But none of them stand out, the way the ones in PHP stand out, by
being included in the standard library.

> - They all work about the same, so even if you decide to switch for some
> reason it makes little difference.

You should not even have to spend one millisecond of your attention
thinking about it then.

With Python's web template systems, there's a real set of distinct
ones and it's maybe still too early to say there's an easy answer.
Hopefully there will eventually be one.

With db modules, if there's an easy answer, then I can't understand
why that easy answer isn't incorporated into the stdlib so people can
stop having to research it.  If there's no easy answer, then maybe the
dbapi standardization process hasn't worked so well after all.