Python as a Server vs Running Under Apache

grahamd at dscpl.com.au grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Dec 30 23:19:18 EST 2005

> as great as mod_python is, there are lots of restrictions and
> limitations to what youc an do with it because of limitations of apache
> itself, and I am refereing to apache 2.x as well as 1.x, like others
> are saying if you don't need apache specific things it will just be one
> more thing to work around the design constraints it causes, twisted
> will be you best bet

I don't recollect that anyone had actually mentioned mod_python.
Certainly, mod_python isn't the only way of doing things via Apache
with Python.

Now, I am not trying to defend mod_python, as I probably better than
most understand many of the bugs/issues that the current version of
mod_python has, but what are the restrictions and limitations in it
that you see it has based on it being built on Apache.

Anyway, just curious to see what is behind your comment and how
deeply you truly understand the inner workings of mod_python, its
relationship to Apache and thus its problems.

Look forward to you answer.

Graham