Using XML w/ Python...

uche.ogbuji at gmail.com uche.ogbuji at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:04:53 EST 2005

"""
Not wanting to hijack this thread, but it got me interested in
installing amara. I downloaded Amara-allinone-1.0.win32-py2.4.exe
and ran it. It professed that the installation directory was to be
D:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ ... but it placed FT and amara in D:
\Python24\Python24\Lib\site-packages . Possibly the installer is
part of the problem here?
"""

That's really good to know.  Someone else builds the Windows installer
package for Amara (I'm a near Windows illiterate), but I definitely
want to help be sure the installer works properly.  In fact, your
message rings a bell that this specifically came up before:

http://lists.fourthought.com/pipermail/4suite/2005-November/007610.html

I'll have to ask some of the Windows gurus on the 4Suite list whether
they know why this might be.  Do you mind if I cc you on those
messages, so that you can perhaps try out any solutions we come up
with?

Thanks.

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com