PyHtmlGUI Project is looking for developers

phoenixathell at gmx.de phoenixathell at gmx.de
Mon Dec 26 07:27:55 EST 2005

Hi all,

the PyHtmlGUI Project (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pyhtmlgui)
is looking for developers that want to join.

The aim of the project is to create a web application framework. The
API of PyHtmlGUI wants to be close to Trolltechs famous Qt API but
incooperates the idea of a text based renderengine instead of the pixel
based one. The obviouse target is html/css but through xml rendering
process nearly every textual output could be generated.

So far we finished a proof-of-concept prototype that is available via
CVS from sourceforge. Now we would like to extend this prototype to a
full useable framework. But therefore we would like to have more
developer involved. On the one hand because of time issues on the other
hand to get new ideas and comments for the project.

What skills you should have to join ?

Well, you should at least be able to program in python ;).

But of course a very big plus is knowledge about Qt because the basic
idea is to transfer Qt's API to PyHtmlGUI. But it is not necessary that
you are a Qt guru. And if you don't have the slightest idea what Qt is
you could still help us with bugfixing and unittesting.

The bottom line is that we are looking for people that can help us to
create a great web application framework.

How can you join ?

Just write me a email.

Greetings,
Ingo