Can Python write foreign characters to the console?

Bock electronicmailfixtosend at telus.net
Fri Dec 16 01:21:05 EST 2005

I was just told about Python.  My searching and reading over the net
I was able to learn that Python can handle "foreign" characters via
Unicodes.

Can or does Python write unicode to the screen?
For example, in c++ cout >> "Hello World." would send this string to the
screen/monitor.

I want to find a programming language that can write German üßäö as
screen output?

Most programming languages/operating systems in North America limit one
to the 127 characters
of ascii.

Thank you for any explanation/direction.