Wed Development - Dynamically Generated News Index

infidel02 at lycos.com infidel02 at lycos.com
Tue Dec 20 17:01:53 EST 2005

Hi Jean-Paul,

The truth of the matter is that I was hoping that this could be
accomplished using pure CGI.

I am considering wether I need to learn these new frameworks, but I am
in somewhat of a hurry.

Also I have this problem with this simple test script that I have
written.  It pulls the infromation from the database correctly, but is
printing out the html tags in the browser, not sure what is wrong:

Script

#!/usr/bin/python

# import MySQL module
import MySQLdb, cgi

# connect
db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost", user="nancy",
passwd="intentions",
db="ardDB")

# create a cursor
cursor = db.cursor()

# execute SQL statement
cursor.execute("SELECT * FROM news where storyDATE < '2005-10-1';")

# get the resultset as a tuple
result = cursor.fetchall()

db.close()

print """ Content-Type: text/html\n\n