A more dynamic Python Library Reference index

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Dec 7 06:37:35 EST 2005

I broke down and wrote a dynamic global module index for the Python library
reference manual last night using Myghty.  It's something I've wanted for
quite awhile and as I'm just learning to use Myghty I thought it would be a
good tool to experiment with (better I think than Moin, which was my
original thought).  At any rate, it's available on a trial basis at

    http://staging.musi-cal.com/modindex/

The idea is that it fetches and caches the the global module index from

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/modindex.html

(note: that's the development version of the libref manual global index) and
rewrites most links to feed through a hit counter/redirector.  When the
above module index page is requested, it displays the 20 most frequently
requested modules at the top of the page.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Skip