Which Python web framework is most like Ruby on Rails?

gene tani gene.tani at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 13:17:28 EST 2005

seberino at spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> I'm interested in knowing which Python web framework is most like Ruby
> on Rails.
>
> I've heard of Subway and Django.
>

> Are there other Rails clones in Python land I don't know about?
>
> Which one has largest community/buzz about it?
>

> Chris

Subway and Django are *exactly* like rails, and they have buzz.  And
have you looked at slashdot codebase?

Seriously, these frameworks are broad and deep,  write more about your
app, platform, databases and DBMS and you'll get a better anwer, e.g.
you like has_and_blongs_to_many, you want an ActiveRecord clone, or you
like the naming defaults in rails' scaffolding, you like the DSL
quality of the rails code, ...