PyOpenGL

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed Aug 10 12:31:29 EDT 2005

matt.walsh at gmail.com wrote:

>Hey I'm a programmer looking to port some of my opengl ...although
>limited into a python app I've made... I'd like to know where to find
>any python/opengl source or a tutorial etc.. whatever I'd like to get a
>series of points that represent a 3d slope presented to the user.
>
>Thanks
>Matt

That'd a fairly simple demo; you'll find a "big brother" of it in the
"dots" demo with PyOpenGL (which is a particle system composed of dots
(points)).

OpenGLContext has a number of demos for displaying pointsets (dots),
including the basic pointset test that just creates a set of 20 points
or so.

If what you mean is that you want to create a *mesh* from a point-set,
then you need to add some more information, particularly you need a way
to figure out the topological connections between points.  If it's a
regular x,y grid, you can readily construct the polygons, if not, you
get into something a little more fuzzy.

Good luck,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher