multiple inheritance super()

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 13:36:09 EDT 2005

Michele Simionato wrote:
> I have found out that the more I use OOP, the less I
> use inheritance"
>
> Just curious if others had a similar experience.

Definitely.  Though I think that's partly because I came from a Java
background where it's a little more ingrained.  Since Python relies
heavily on duck-typing, a lot of cases where I would subclass in Java I
don't in Python.  In Python, I pretty much only create an inheritance
hierarchy when I discover that two independent classes are sharing the
same code.

STeVe