socket and os.system

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Fri Aug 5 18:10:49 EDT 2005

Donn Cave wrote:
> Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>>PLEASE learn to format your questions more appropriately!  Your post is
>>simply _awful_ to read.  ...
>
> For heaven's sake, it wasn't that hard to read.

My apologies to the original poster.  I did find it very hard to read
with the very brief time I put into reading posts which don't fit Usenet
conventions.  Upon rereading it now a third time I can parse it a little
better, and my outburst does seem harsh.  (Normally I quickly hit "k" on
such posts and carry on, but the apparent SO_REUSEADDR symptom caught my
eye milliseconds before I did so.)

> The good thing is that he did provide example that clearly
> illustrates the problem.
>
> Which is not really that he can't reuse the socket address.

So I'm doubly wrong and apologize for not having tried hard enough to
read it to avoid giving an unhelpful answer.

-putting-ice-on-his-slapped-wrists-ly y'rs,
  Peter