Printing Docstrings Without Importing

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Tue Aug 2 13:18:21 EDT 2005

On 1 Aug 2005 06:50:23 -0700, "Fuzzyman" <fuzzyman at gmail.com> wrote:

>This seems to scratch several people's itches.
>
>Care to develop/maintain it ?

Are you talking to me? ;-)

(My news server is having some problem. I saw my post on google groups
but my normal news client isn't seeing it.)

Assuming you are talking to me, there's a bug, naturally, in trying to
escape None as a doc string. It was twenty minutes of hacking and a half hour
of trying to choose html colors, so there's not that much there ;-)
But what did you have in mind? Javascript menu rollovers for popup docs of
functions and classes and methods etc? Full help info access? Optional pdf output?

That would take more than another hour, but I did fix the mentioned bug and put
a table of clickable module names at the top with the file date stamps and paths
so you can navigate down to the spcific module docstring output quickly if you have
a lot of them. Of course, I think I'd put styling in the header rather than hack
more raw html if I were to go another round.

I'll post the latest once I can see my postings in context with my own newsreader again.

Regards,
Bengt Richter