Does any one recognize this binary data storage format

Christopher Subich spam.csubich+block at block.subich.spam.com
Tue Aug 9 21:13:34 EDT 2005

Grant Edwards wrote:
> And I'll guarantee that the difference between 333-3333 and
> 666-6666 has to be more than 1-bit.  There's no way that can be
> the correct data unless it's something like an index into a
> different table or a pointer or something along those lines.

Absolutely.  I hadn't even taken a good look at those datapoints yet.

The dataset that I'd like to see:
000-000-0001
000-000-0010
(etc)
000-000-0002
000-000-0004
000-000-0008
000-000-0016
(etc)

I also wonder if the last 8-16 bits involves, at least in part, a count
of the length of the phone number, or at least a flag to distinguish 7
from 10 digits.