pain

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Aug 3 15:52:38 EDT 2005

On 2005-08-03, Mage <mage at mage.hu> wrote:

> Isn't jython slower (I mean performance) than java? As well as
> I understand jython code will be interpreted twice.

Jython gets compiled into Java byte code just like Java gets
compiled into Java byte code.  Then whatever platform you're
using either interprets the Java byte code or uses some variant
of JIT compilation into native object code.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  HELLO, little boys!
                                  at               Gimme a MINT TULIP!! Let's