X-Platform method of remote execution of Windows programs

utabintarbo at gmail.com utabintarbo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 18:58:56 EDT 2005

Well, I can do this using WMI thru VBScript for Windows-Windows
connections. What I would like is a method using python for both
Windows-Windows and Linux-Windows connections. I've looked at pyWMI
(http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/wmi.html), and found it unclear in
it's dealings with remote boxes. A look at win32com netted me a load of
"Access Denied" errors.

An alternative is using OpenSSH for Windows (on sourceforge), but I am
looking for a solution which would not require any additional software
on the Windows boxen.

Thanks for the reply.

Bob