Should I move to Amsterdam?

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Thu Aug 25 06:27:41 EDT 2005

Adriaan Renting enlightened us with:
> A lot of my foreign collegues commplain about how rude the dutch can
> be.  Countries like sweden or japan seem to have much better
> manners.

I also think the Dutch aren't all that communicative. I was queueing
in a store when they announced to have the new CD from an already
deceased artist. I turned around to tell the man behind me "I wonder
how they did that". The reaction was just "yeah", and he looked away
from me. Just coming back from Croatia, where everybody likes to talk
to each other, it was indeed a bit of a shock.

Another reason the Dutch are sometimes found to be a bit rude, is
because usually we just say what we think. For some cultures, this is
indeed considered to be rude. I just think it's honest.

> I do think however that New york should have it's name reverted to
> New Amsterdam ;-)

Definitely ;-)

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa