Pypy - Which C modules still need converting to py?

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Tue Aug 30 06:51:53 EDT 2005

Hi Caleb,

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 22:32 -0500, Caleb Hattingh wrote:
> I saw it on a webpage a few days ago, can't seem to find it again.  Tried
> a google search for
>
> "pypy needed translate C modules"
>
> but that didn't turn up what I was looking for.   Anyone have that page
> ref handy listing the C modules that the pypy team need translated into
> python?

I think that currently the best page for that actually
is the compliancy test results page:

    http://codespeak.net/~hpk/pypy-testresult/

especially in the "non-core" section further below.  You'll
see a list of the currently not implemented C-level modules.
However, most interesting is completing full posix/os-module
support e.g.  for listdir() and process-creation
functionality.  Also having a socket-API wrapper at
RPython/low-level-function level and for e.g.  'zlib' seem
like "big time" enablers for allowing more programs/modules to
run on top of pypy-c/pypy-llvm. (we are employing a "pypy-XYZ"
scheme where XYZ marks the backend).

Recently, Niklaus Heidimann successfully implemented
the array and _sre module as part of his SOC project, of
which he got the latter to translate to low-level during the
last Heidelberg sprint!

cheers,

    holger