Python as VBA replacement under Windows?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Wed Aug 17 10:55:57 EDT 2005

> Because the MS Office suite and a few (very few!) other applications expose
> their object models via COM, you can manipulate these programs with Python
> and other languages.  No applicatoin "supports VBA as a macro language".

What I meant was that quite a lot of Windows applications (not only MS
Office) allow to execute VBA scripts just like "macros" from within the
application. What I want now is to write a "dummy" VBA script
"container" that consists of/executes Python sourcecode by calling the
Pythonwin interpreter.

> Rather - VBA is bundled and integrated with MS Office in order to manipulate
> COM.  You can use Python to do that too!

Yup, from outside. What I would like to do is do it from "inside" the
application.

> "perfectly possible"?

Well, at least as far as there's a COM interface and for someone who
refuses to learn VB(A) but still wants to script Windows applications.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller