Python jobs (was Re: Python for Webscripting (like PHP))

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Aug 19 18:45:24 EDT 2005

"Gregory Piñero" <gregpinero at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:312cfe2b0508190821715fb488 at mail.gmail.com...
>I'd love Python work, just like everyone else here.  On a related topic,
>what's the >policy/etiquette of posting a resume on here, or mentioning
>what kind of work >you're looking for?

I would take absence of such postings, even though you can imagine *lots*
of people have had the same idea, as an indication that it is against
policy/etiquette.  If 1 person does it, we could easily have 10 or 100 a
day ;-).

>  And what's the policy in general for most newsgroups and mailing lists?

For mainline newsgroups, such as the comp.*, commercial annoucements are
generally counter-indicated unless the name (.marketplace) or charter say
otherwise.  Exceptions would be a low volume of things of direct and narrow
interest.  So I consider the rare job announcements posted here ok.  The
same for book announcements.  In either case, such are positive news for
what is still a minority, just becoming mainstream, language.

Terry J. Reedy