ANN: PyDev 0.9.8 released

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Aug 30 11:21:39 EDT 2005

Fabio Zadrozny wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> PyDev - Python IDE (Python Development Enviroment for Eclipse) version
> 0.9.8 has just been released.

I read this, and thought it was time to check out both Eclipse, end the
pydev plugin.

I got it all installed, along with a subversion plugin for eclipse, and
it actually seems like a very sweet combo.

I was afraid that a Java based editor would be sluggish. But it doesn't
seem so.

There are a few nice features too with a file navigator, refactoring,
code folding and more.

So I have decided to give it a try. But before commiting to it, I just
wondered what experiences other users might have when using it for
production. Being that my text editing environment is my bread and butter.

Is it stable/effective etc?

Anybody cares to share?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark